topads

Ehow Vs. Firehow---My Review

Friday, April 23, 2010

Recently due to the massive changes at ehow, I decided to give Firehow a shot at my articles. Due to the low google Ranking of Firehow compared to ehow, I was concerned about the amount of views I would receive and the structure of pay. Ehow paid me very well on numerous articles I submitted, so I decided to use one or two of these articles--submitted to Firehow as a comparison.




I found submission to Firehow very simple, and with the same "Low Restrictions" that ehow offered. Submission is quick and easy, publishing is a breeze.



One thing I do like about Firehow is there Realtime stats on earnings and views. From the articles I have written and submitted to Firehow, I have noticed that the "earnings" seem to be a penny per 3 views. Today I submitted an article about Social Bookmarking to Increase Traffic, and within an hour it had 32 views reaping me a dime, however, that was in just an hour, and I did not spend a great deal of time writing the article, nor was it one of my finer SEO moments. As far as the views I was concerned about, my other article submitted to Firehow has overtaken the article on ehow, and Associated Content two days running in views. Now, granted, alot of these hits may be fellow members and the view numbers may indeed decrease, this remains to be seen.



Keeping in mind that I have not been with Firehow very long, and their payment structure is just as "Cloudy" as ehows, it does seem that the "Penny per 3 Hits" is holding true with Firehow. Ehow paid very well on many articles that had few hits, and paid little for some articles that had massive hits, which is probably associated with click throughs. If it continues to hold true, I somewhat like a "Payment per View" scenario.



All in All, I am sad that ehow has disbanded the ability to publish through their format and send writers to Demand Studios, for they paid me well. However, if my experience with Firehow continues to be as it is now regarding the earnings (If I am Correct), and the views do hold up, firehow would be a great place for writers who are looking for something comparable to ehow, have been turned down elsewhere, and are looking for a place to Submit and earn money for their articles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2010-2011 The Hillbilly Hacker All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.